Grant Green ranked alongside Wes Montgomery as the most exciting new jazz guitarist of the early 1960s. Green recorded a couple of dozen very memorable albums for Blue Note in styles ranging from modal jazz to soul jazz, bop, funk, Latin and spirituals. When Grant Green teamed up in a trio with the forward looking organist Larry Young and drummer Elvin Jones on Talkin’ About, a magical musical alchemy occurred. Far from sounding like the standard organ trio, Talkin’ About showcases three master musicians in full flight. Larry Young was no longer playing Jimmy Smith licks. He was universally acknowledged as having the first new style on organ since Smith. Elvin Jones was THE major drummer of the era, and Green was capable of excelling in any setting. Just listen to the guitarist on the lengthy «Talking About J.C.» and the joyous version of «I’m An Old Cowhand.» You’ll quickly understand why Talkin’ About is such a sought after gem of the Blue Note catalog.Features
- XRCD24 is Compatible with ALL CD PLAYERS!
- Mastered & Produced by Alan Yoshida & Joe Harley from the Original Rudy Van Gelder Blue Note 2-Track Analog Tapes
- Highest Quality Analog-to-Digital Transfers from Tape to CD
- Deluxe Packaging with Hi-Resolution Black & White Session Photos by Francis Wolff
- Includes Original Album Liner Notes
- Talkin’ About J.C.
- Luny Tune
- You Don’t Know What Love Is
- I’m An Old Cowhand